1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
Went to Uni. Travelled alone.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I can’t remember if I made any resolutions or not. I’ll probably forget any more I make, so I won’t bother.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not to my knowledge.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes. Chad. My cousin’s husband. A great bloke.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I forget most dates. That week in July when I finally got out of Adelaide and into Melbourne was pretty good, though. I forget what the date was.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting through Uni with minimal harm.
9. What was your biggest failure?
The 2 subjects I had to do for the marketing bit of my degree. I ballsed them up real nice.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a cold at some point… Other than that, no.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
my iPods. Both of them. (Also tickets out of Adelaide)
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Mine. I’m pretty awesome most of the time.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
My brother’s (for reasons I won’t specify)
14. Where did most of your money go?
CDs, books, DVDs, iTunes Music Store, Subway.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
Sukie in the Graveyard – Belle & Sebastian
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
I think I’ve pretty much evened out. Got thinner (marginally) from work, then put it back on during Uni.
c) richer or poorer?
Richer (marginally – see Q.14)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Uni study and sleep
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With the family. Same as always.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV program?
Thank God You’re Here.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
Belle & Sebastian – Just A Modern Rock Story by Paul Whitelaw
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Boy Least Likely To
28. What did you want and get?
A trip to Melbourne (and I got TWO!)
29. What did you want and not get?
Stuff that would cost lots and lots. Like a house near civilisation. Maybe this year.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Casino Royale (Pretty much by default, but I did really enjoy it)
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I handed in an assignment and went to work. I was 20. Woopee.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Non-existant. Wore whatever was in the wardrobe.
34. What kept you sane?
my iPod constantly glued to my ears (via headphones and wire)
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Patience from The Grates. Cute and bouncy. That’s about all my reasoning came up with.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Annoying people wanting retail stores open on public holidays. If that’s a political issue. I like to have days off, and peoples’ reasoning for deregulation of hours were really quite pathetic.
37. Who did you miss?
I don’t think I really missed anyone… Grace not being on MSN so much was weird, but.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
I haven’t learnt a freaking thing. Still as clueless as I was last year.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I’m happy because I’m stupid, scared of spiders, scared of flying. If I wasn’t so happy, I wouldn’t be so scared of dying – ‘Be Gentle With Me – The Boy Least Likely To.